Parent Support Network
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey, developed by the Youth Mental Health Project and sponsored by NAMI Mercer, is a parent-driven family-focused program to support parents/caregivers who are concerned about their kids' struggles with anxiety, depression and/or emotional dysregulation. NAMI Mercer hosts regular monthly meetings of The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey, providing parents who are concerned about their child's mental health and well-being with the opportunity to give and receive valuable peer connection and insight through in-person, confidential, informational meetings run by and for parents. (Please note: During the COVID-19 health crisis, meetings are being held virtually to help everyone stay safe and well.)
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey
holds monthly meetings structured as follows:
*ALL PSN MEETINGS WILL BE HELD REMOTELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT LOGGING INTO ZOOM.
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey Thursday, July 16th at 7:30 pm (hosted by NAMI Mercer & ICare)
If you would like more information about The Parent Support Network email: email@example.com
To participate in the national weekly Parent Support Network meetings click here to view the calendar on The Youth Mental Health Project website and select a meeting.
- Meetings are confidential and offered at no charge for parents and caregivers;
- Meetings are always open to any parent or caregiver who is concerned about their kids (ages 1-24) who struggle with anxiety, depression, mood dysregulation, or other emotional, behavioral or mental health problems;
- A child does NOT need to have a diagnosis for a parent to benefit from meetings;
- Meetings are organized and led by a trained Facilitator who is a parent or caregiver with lived experience raising a child with a mental health condition;
- While the dialog among parents is facilitated, the content is driven by the needs of the parents in attendance;
- Parents work together to share experiences and resources;
- Childcare is NOT provided.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Join the Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey and connect with other parents who share your experiences and concerns.