Parent Support Network
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey, developed by the Youth Mental Health Project and sponsored by NAMI Mercer, is a parent-driven family focused program to support parents/caregivers who are concerned about their kids' struggles with anxiety, depression and/or emotional dysregulation. NAMI Mercer will host regular monthly meetings of The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey, which will provide parents who are concerned about their child's mental health and well-being with the opportunity to give and receive valuable peer connection and insight through in-person, confidential and information meetings run by and for parents.
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey
holds monthly meetings that are structured as follows:
We now have two meeting locations. Specifics are provided upon RSVP. You can attend either or both.
Hamilton, NJ: Start time is 7:00 pm
Monday, 9/16 Register
Monday, 10/21 Register
Monday, 11/18 Register
Hightstown, NJ: Start time is 7:30 pm
Thursday, 9/19 Register
Thursday, 10/24 Register
Thursday, 11/21 Register
- Meetings are in-person, confidential and free for parents and caregivers;
- Meetings are always open to any parent or caregiver who is concerned about their kids (ages 1-24) who struggle with anxiety, depression, mood dysregulation, or other emotional, behavioral or mental health problems;
- A child does NOT need to have a diagnosis for a parent to benefit from meetings;
- Meetings are organized and led by a trained Facilitator who is a parent or caregiver with lived experience raising a child with a mental health condition;
- While the dialog among parents is facilitated, the content is driven by the needs of the parents in attendance;
- Parents work together to share experiences and resources;
- Childcare is NOT provided.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Join the Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey and connect with other parents who share your experiences and concerns.