Parent Support Network
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey, developed by the Youth Mental Health Project and sponsored by NAMI Mercer, is a parent-driven family-focused program to support parents/caregivers who are concerned about their kids' struggles with anxiety, depression and/or emotional dysregulation. NAMI Mercer hosts regular monthly meetings of The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey, providing parents/caregivers who are concerned about their child's mental health and well-being valuable peer connections and the opportunity to share insights and resources through confidential, informational meetings run by and for parents. (Please note: During the COVID-19 health crisis, meetings are being held virtually to help everyone stay safe and well.)
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey
holds monthly meetings structured as follows:
*ALL PSN MEETINGS WILL BE HELD REMOTELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
New members are always welcomed!
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey (hosted by NAMI Mercer & ICare) are scheduled on the national calendar as follows:
Monday, September 21st 7-8:30 pm
Monday, October 19th 7-8:30 pm
Monday, November 16th. 7-8:30 pm
If you would like more information about The Parent Support Network email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meetings are confidential and offered at no charge for parents/caregivers;
- Meetings are open to any parent/caregiver concerned about their kids (ages 0-24) who are struggling with anxiety, depression, mood dysregulation, or other emotional, behavioral or mental health issues;
- A child does NOT need to have a diagnosis for a parent/caregiver to benefit from meetings;
- Meetings are organized and led by a trained facilitator who is a parent/caregiver with lived experience raising a child with a mental health condition;
- While the dialog is facilitated, the content is driven by the needs of the parents/caregivers in attendance;
- Participants work together to share experiences and resources;
- Childcare is NOT provided.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Join the Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey and connect with other parents/caregivers who share your experiences and concerns.