Parent Support Network
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey, developed by the Youth Mental Health Project and sponsored by NAMI Mercer, is a parent-driven family-focused program to support parents/caregivers who are concerned about their kids' struggles with anxiety, depression and/or emotional dysregulation. NAMI Mercer hosts regular monthly meetings of The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey, providing parents who are concerned about their child's mental health and well-being with the opportunity to give and receive valuable peer connection and insight through in-person, confidential, informational meetings run by and for parents. (Please note: During the COVID-19 health crisis, meetings are being held virtually to help everyone stay safe and well.)
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey
holds monthly meetings structured as follows:
We now have two meeting locations. Specifics are provided upon RSVP. You can attend either or both.*
*ALL PSN MEETINGS WILL BE HELD REMOTELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT LOGGING INTO ZOOM.
Hamilton, NJ: Start time is 7:00 pm (hosted by NAMI Mercer)
Monday, 03/16 Register
Monday, 04/20 Register
Monday, 05/18 Register
Hightstown, NJ: Start time is 7:30 pm (hosted by iCare)
Thursday, 03/19 Register
Thursday, 04/16 Register
Thursday, 05/21 Register
- Meetings are confidential and offered at no charge for parents and caregivers;
- Meetings are always open to any parent or caregiver who is concerned about their kids (ages 1-24) who struggle with anxiety, depression, mood dysregulation, or other emotional, behavioral or mental health problems;
- A child does NOT need to have a diagnosis for a parent to benefit from meetings;
- Meetings are organized and led by a trained Facilitator who is a parent or caregiver with lived experience raising a child with a mental health condition;
- While the dialog among parents is facilitated, the content is driven by the needs of the parents in attendance;
- Parents work together to share experiences and resources;
- Childcare is NOT provided.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Join the Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey and connect with other parents who share your experiences and concerns.