Parent Support Network
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey, developed by the Youth Mental Health Project and sponsored by NAMI Mercer, is a parent-driven family-focused program to support parents/caregivers who are concerned about their kids' struggles with anxiety, depression and/or emotional dysregulation. NAMI Mercer hosts regular monthly meetings of The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey, providing parents/caregivers who are concerned about their child's mental health and well-being valuable peer connections and the opportunity to share insights and resources through confidential, informational meetings run by and for parents. (Please note: During the COVID-19 health crisis, meetings are being held virtually to help everyone stay safe and well.)
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey
holds monthly meetings structured as follows:
*ALL PSN MEETINGS WILL BE HELD REMOTELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Register Here to join any of the meetings being hosted across the country by all the various PSN groups, including ours listed below. The registration link will take you to the calendar of events for the Youth Mental Health Project. and when you click on the event, a sign up button appears.
New members are always welcomed!
The Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey (hosted by NAMI Mercer & ICare) are scheduled on the national calendar as follows:
Monday, December 21 7-8:30 pm
Monday, January 18 7-8:30 pm
Monday, February 15 7-8:30 pm
Monday, March 15 7-8:30 pm
If you would like more information about The Parent Support Network email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meetings are confidential and offered at no charge for parents/caregivers;
- Meetings are open to any parent/caregiver concerned about their kids (ages 0-24) who are struggling with anxiety, depression, mood dysregulation, or other emotional, behavioral or mental health issues;
- A child does NOT need to have a diagnosis for a parent/caregiver to benefit from meetings;
- Meetings are organized and led by a trained facilitator who is a parent/caregiver with lived experience raising a child with a mental health condition;
- While the dialog is facilitated, the content is driven by the needs of the parents/caregivers in attendance;
- Participants work together to share experiences and resources;
- Childcare is NOT provided.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Join the Parent Support Network of Central New Jersey and connect with other parents/caregivers who share your experiences and concerns. The Parent Support Network is offered in partnership with The Youth Mental Health Project.