Parent Support Network
The Parent Support Network is a group for the parents/caregivers of children and adolescents with mental health disorders that NAMI Mercer hosts in partnership with The Youth Mental Health Project, a non-profit organization dedicated to the mental fitness of young people. The goal of the Parent Support Network is to provide parents with a dependable and caring network, valuable peer support, and education in their local communities to improve outcomes for our children’s mental wellbeing.
Parent Support Network benefits include:
- inspiring genuine conversation about each family’s experiences
- engaging parents in self-reflection and critical thinking
- providing parents with a supportive community and shared resources
- giving parents useful language and practical strategies to strengthen their parenting skills
- empowering parents to bring knowledge back to the community
- reducing the blame, shame, misunderstanding, and silence that exists in our current parenting paradigm
- increasing early intervention strategies to reduce the incidence and severity of youth mental health disorders.