Connection Recovery Support Group
Connection is a confidential, 90-minute support group for adults (18+) living with mental illness. Participants share their challenges and successes, finding encouragement and hope in the context of an understanding community. The group is led by two trained facilitators living in recovery. More than 375,000 people have participated in a NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group.
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- see the individual first, not the illness;
- recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers;
- understand the experience of mental illness is a traumatic event;
- aim for better coping skills;
- find strength in sharing experiences;
- reject stigma and discrimination;
- refuse to judge anyone’s pain;
- forgive yourself and reject guilt;
- embrace humor as healthy;
- accept that we cannot solve every problem;
- work for a better future by setting realistic goals.
1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, 2:00-3:30 pm
2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month, 7:00-8:30 pm