Mission, Values & Impact
Who we are
We are a robust, independently-operating affiliate of NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness. Located in Hamilton, NJ, we serve New Jersey's Capital region. NAMI Mercer listens, leads, educates, and advocates, empowering families and individuals affected by mental illness to build lives of quality and respect, free of stigma and discrimination.
NAMI Mercer is a qualified 501(c)3 organization.
The future we seek
Families and people with mental illness will realize their full potential in a respectful and understanding society.
- There will be no stigma attached to mental illness.
- There will be no difference in insurance coverage for treatment of mental or physical illnesses.
- All people with mental illness and their families will have complete access to the most effective support and services.
- An empathetic environment will allow people with mental illness to be full participants in the community.
- Families will be better qualified to help.
- Every person with mental illness will be able to live and work as independently as possible, and enjoy an enhanced quality of life.
- Mercer County will be the model of an effectively functioning mental health system for the families and individuals in need of these services.
NAMI Mercer impacts the lives of more than 5,000 people each year with our programs of advocacy, education, support, and outreach.