NAMI Mercer is grateful for the generosity of more than 200 volunteers who support every aspect of our mission and contribute more than 10,000 hours of service annually. Their value to us and to the community is priceless!
Volunteering is good for your overall health by providing opportunities to:
- Make a positive difference in the community
- Learn new skills
- Take on a challenge
- Increase your self-confidence
- Be part of a supportive community
- Meet new people
- Have fun
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Teaching a class
- Facilitating a support group
- Making a presentation
- Organizing events
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Responding to Helpline inquiries
- Serving on committees such as Finance, Advocacy, Development, Programs & Services, and Public Awareness
- Assisting with special events such as Night Out with NAMI, NAMIWalks, and Harvest of Hope
- Tabling outreach events to raise awareness, reduce stigma and tell others about NAMI
- Advocating for persons affected by mental illness through policy research, communication with legislators, and participation in public hearings
- Maintaining our resource library
Apply online to be a volunteer:
Apply by mail to be a volunteer:
Click here to print a volunteer application
Please mail your completed form to
Whitehorse Executive Center
1235 Whitehorse Mercerville Rd.
Bldg. C, Ste. 303
Hamilton, NJ 08619.
Volunteer orientations are held on the first Wednesdays of the month, 4:00-5:00 pm at the NAMI Mercer Center. Please call in advance to attend.