NAMI Mercer has a team of more than 200 volunteers who support every aspect of our mission. Each year, volunteers contribute approximately 10,000 hours of service, valued at more than $250,000. All volunteers receive the appropriate training.
Volunteering is good for your overall health by providing opportunities to:
- Contribute to the community
- Learn new skills
- Take on a challenge
- Increase your self-confidence
- Be part of a supportive community
- Meet new people
- Have fun
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Teaching a class
- Facilitating a support group
- Making a presentation
- Organizing events
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Responding to Helpline inquiries
- Serving on committees such as Finance, Advocacy, Development, Programs & Services, and Public Awareness
- Assisting with special events such as Night Out with NAMI, NAMIWalks, and Harvest of Hope
- Tabling outreach events to raise awareness, reduce stigma and tell others about NAMI
- Advocating for persons affected by mental illness through policy research, communication with legislators, and participation in public hearings
- Maintaining our resource library
Apply online to be a volunteer:
Apply by mail to be a volunteer:
Please mail your completed form to
Whitehorse Executive Center
1235 Whitehorse Mercerville Rd.
Bldg. 3, Ste. 303
Hamilton, NJ 08619.
Volunteer orientations are held on the first Wednesdays of the month, 5:00-6:00 pm at the NAMI Mercer Center. Please call in advance to attend.