Intensive Family Support Services (IFSS)
Through collaboration with NAMI Mercer, Oaks Integrated Care (OIC) offers families and caregivers a regular support group and short-term individual counseling.
What is the Intensive Family Support Services Program?
Intensive Family Support Services, funded by the State of New Jersey, are a range of supportive activities designed to improve the overall functioning and quality of life for families affected by mental illness. These support activities may include psychoeducation groups, single family consultations, respite, family support groups, systems advocacy, referral/service linkage, and medication monitoring. Services may be delivered in the family’s home, at the agency, or at other sites in the community.
With IFSS intervention, families learn to:
- Increase their self-determination and confidence
- Gain a better understanding of diagnoses and treatment
- Develop and implement concrete illness management plans
- Enhance communication patterns and decrease stress and stimulation
- Develop appropriate support systems
- Reduce personal and social isolation
- Access available services and resources
- Advance the rights and protections of people with mental illness.
IFSS Family Support Group Schedule (currently being held virtually)
Weekly on Monday, 5:15 -6:00 pm (Lawrence Road Presbyterian Church)
Weekly on Tuesday, 5:15 - 6:oo pm (NAMI Mercer Center)