Just Parents is a parent-driven family-focused program to support parents/caregivers who are concerned about their kids' struggles with anxiety, depression and/or emotional dysregulation. NAMI Mercer hosts regular monthly meetings of Just Parents, providing parents/caregivers who are concerned about their child's mental health and well-being valuable peer connections and the opportunity to share insights and resources through confidential, informational meetings run by and for parents.
(Please note: meetings for Just Parents are being held in-person at the NAMI Mercer Center.)
Just Parents holds monthly meetings structured as follows:
Meetings for Just Parents (hosted by NAMI Mercer) are being held in-person at the NAMI Mercer Center on the third Monday of each month. Registration is required.
MEETING DATES FOR SPRING 2024
Monday, February 19, 7:00 - 8:30 pm ET
Monday, March 18, 7:00 - 8:30 pm ET
Monday, April 15, 7:00 - 8:30 pm ET
- Meetings are confidential and offered at no charge for parents/caregivers;
- Meetings are open to any parent/caregiver concerned about their kids (ages 0-24) who are struggling with anxiety, depression, mood dysregulation, or other emotional, behavioral or mental health issues;
- A child does NOT need to have a diagnosis for a parent/caregiver to benefit from meetings;
- Meetings are organized and led by a trained facilitator who is a parent/caregiver with lived experience raising a child with a mental health condition;
- While the dialog is facilitated, the content is driven by the needs of the parents/caregivers in attendance;
- Participants work together to share experiences and resources;
- Childcare is NOT provided