Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP®)
Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP®) was developed by Mary Ellen Copeland, Ph.D, to help persons with chronic mental or physical illness stay on the path to wellness. WRAP® is an evidence-based practice that teaches individuals to focus on positive supports while also helping them to recognize the triggers and symptoms of illness. WRAP® is a series of eight workshops during which the individual participant develops his/her own WRAP addressing positive supports, relapse prevention, and crisis planning. The workshops are led by a certified WRAP® peer facilitator.
WRAP® Ground Rules
- Participation in WRAP® workshops is completely voluntary.
- Registration is required; the only requirement is the willingness to attend.
- The tools and skills presented in the workshops apply to all diagnoses.
- All participants in the workshop are peers, including the facilitator.
- Participants establish the processes for conducting the workshops by consensus.
WRAP® Schedule for 2018
Facilitator Training - August 13-17 at MHANJ in Red Bank and October 29-November 2 at NAMI Mercer. Click here for more information.
Fall Session: September 26 to November 14 (eight consecutive Wednesdays) from 6:00 - 8:30 pm at the NAMI Mercer Center.
Holiday WRAP Specialty Workshop: A one-day workshop held on a Saturday in November that focuses on reducing holiday stress. Date to be determined.
Online WRAP® Support
NAMI Mercer hosts an online WRAP® support group from 7:00 - 8:00 pm every Thursday evening. The group is open to anyone who has an interest in learning more about WRAP®.
To access the support group as a video conference, click on: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1492454791
To call into the meeting: 605.562.3185 and enter the meeting ID 149 245 4791 when prompted.