NAMI Mercer has a team of more than 230 volunteers who work in every aspect of our mission. In 2012, the volunteers donated approximately 9,900 hours of work with an estimated value of $218,245. All volunteers receive the appropriate training.
Volunteerism is an effective way to empower families affected by mental illness.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Teaching a class or making a presentation
- Organizing events
- Assisting in the office with administrative tasks
- Answering our Helpline
- Serving on committees such as Finance, Advocacy, Development, Multicultural Outreach, Congregational Outreach, College Outreach, and assisting with special events such as Night Out with NAMI, NAMIWalks, Harvest of Hope, and others
- Attending community public awareness and outreach events to fight stigma and to tell others about NAMI
- Advocating for persons affected by mental illness through policy research, communication with legislators, and participation in public hearings
- Maintaining our resource library
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for NAMI Mercer. Please let us know your skills, interests and availability so that we can place you in a suitable role.
Click here to print a volunteer application. Please mail your completed form to NAMI Mercer, 3371 Brunswick Pike, Suite 124, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648.
Click here to apply online to be a volunteer.
Volunteer orientations are held on the first Wednesdays of the month, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. at the NAMI Mercer Center. Please confirm your attendance