Public Education Meetings
NAMI Mercer invites our membership and the general public to free, monthly education sessions scheduled from September through June.
We offer topics of interest to people living with mental illness, families and caregivers, mental health professionals and the general public:
- Ask the Doctor (Psychiatrist answers questions from the audience.)
- Housing issues for people with mental illness
- Legal issues for disabled people
- Social Security Income, Medicare and Medicaid Basics
- Current research on schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
- Multicultural issues of mental health
- Recovery and wellness workshops
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Advocating for your child with school systems
- Planning for the future for loved ones with mental illness
Sessions generally are held at the NAMI Mercer Center on the 3rd Tuesday of each month during the academic year.
Call 609-799-8994 for the complete schedule, or check our events page here.
Our Education Programs
NAMI Mercer offers several free education programs for consumers, family members, and the general public. Peer education classes draw on the actual experience of mental health consumers and family members who have learned to live well with their illnesses and have been extensively trained to help others. NAMI Mercer also hosts presentations by mental health professionals and other experts.
We are committed to providing persons with mental illness and their families vital information and excellent educational experiences to improve their quality of life and promote wellness. Classes also provide excellent opportunities for networking.